Sunday, March 21, 2010

Picture Enhancement

This is my dog clyde. I took this in our family room with no flash and the only light coming in from windows in the next room.
I cropped the photo to remove the extras and adjusted the fill light to lighten the picture and also adjusted the color to look more like what you see in the room. After playing around for awhile the end result is more of a "true" picture of Clyde. While using all the different options, I noticed that if you adjust some of the colors too much the picture looks cartoonish-which could be an interesting effect for some pictures. This was a good assignment to show me that if I take a picture that is too dark, it is not necessarily ruined, I can fix it.
This class has me looking over all the pictures that I have taken over the years and trying to "fix" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment